Founded in 1959 by Theodore and Shirley Hecht, Brandon Hall School is located on a pristine 27-acre campus on the Chattahoochee River near Atlanta, Georgia. The campus is the former summer estate of prominent Atlantan Morris Brandon and his wife, Harriet Inman, and includes the original 1920’s residence. Under Mr. Hecht’s guidance, 1959 – 1980, Brandon Hall School provided one-to-one instruction to boys from across the country.
From 1980 – present, the school has undergone many changes and improvements under the various Heads of School. During this time, the academic buildings and dormitory were built, Brandon Hall School was named a National School of Excellence, grades 4 – 8 were added, and the school joined the Atlanta Athletic Conference while introducing a variety of competitive sports for both girls and boys. The Resident Housing was built for faculty and staff wishing to live on campus, and the Great Hall was renovated to create a welcoming entrance to the school.
In recent years, Brandon Hall has created an administrative leadership team and brought the role of the Board of Trustees into clear focus. Many changes resulted from those activities:
These changes actively increased fiscal sustainability of the school while supporting the school’s mission. Today, Brandon Hall is a coed nonprofit college preparatory day and boarding school serving students in grades 6th - 12th from across the United States and 20 countries. We offer 9 AP and 5 Honors courses in addition to traditional college preparatory classes. Our students, day and boarding, are involved in a variety of extracurricular activities ranging from participation in sports, drama, art, math competitions, community service and more.